Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Bugs! - Aaron







So these are some that i dug up from my old camera. I really like macro stuff...and as it turns out..that shitty little point-and-shoot takes some pretty good lokin macros. The first one is a fly that i managed to take some pics of in my sink. The only reason why i was able to get so close is becuase i had swatted the fly down into the sink...he could walk but not fly. The second pic is of a grashopper that for whatever reason...sat right infront of my other bathroom door for about 2 hours one night. He was watching me...as you can see his pupil is looking right at you...and his antennae were moving the whole time..but he just let me shoot away. Same went for the 3rd pic of a leaf bug on the entrance to my parents house. The wood he is standing on is just the trim around the tile at their house...so that shold give you an idea how up close this thing is. The final one isnt what i would really call a macro, but its still pretty awesome. Its of the silk spider that lived on keiths front porch last summer. Being that im scared of spiders...and this thing was the size of my hand...i was proud of myself to get so close. Let me know what you guys think of them.

3 comments:

Fonnetick said...

Cool pics, man. My favourites are the fly and the last one, the web and spider. I think the fly one is really bizarre to look at, and the plain white it is sitting on makes it look like it's floating in the middle of nowhere.

I really like the colouration of the background in the spider shot, it's a good contrast to the creepiness of the foregound.

I'm liking the macro stuff, it's always like looking into a new world - weirds me out!

buttercup mcsnugglepants said...

damn dude. i forgot how good those macro shots are. id be tempted to dust that camera off again just for the macro shots. the spider wins the creepy award. take more i say.

Nate said...

the fly is sick