Sunday, April 29, 2007

Photos of Frank Gehry - Aaron







While I was in NYC visiting my brother this past christmas I shot a lot of photos. I had just gotten my new D70, and while I was up there we went to B&H on the busiest day of the year...the final sunday before Christmas. Amazingly, because I knew what I was looking for, I managed to be in and out in about 30 minutes. I got my 70-300 and then walked around most of lower Manhattan.

Right accross from Chelsea Pier is Frank Gehry's first Manhattan project. He is one of my favorite architects, so to get the chance to photograph a work in progress was pretty cool for me. Sydney Pollack's documentary, Sketches of Frank Gehry actually ends with him talking about starting this building. He designed it this way so that when you are traveling down the river to the west, it looks like the sails of a giant sail boat or "schooner". The first one shows exactly what he was talking about.

No comments: